- This article outlines the process and steps for activating additional Ethernet ports on the Broadcom-supported BES-53248 cluster network switch.
- The BES-53248 comes configured by default with 16x 10/25GbE (SFP+/SFP28) ports and 2x 40/100GbE (QSFP28) ports activated.
- The additional port license provide activation for up to an additional 32x 10/25GbE ports, for a total of 48x 10/25GbE ports and up to an additional 6x 40/100GbE ports for a total of 8x 40/100GbE ports.
- Each port license actives 8x 10/25GbE ports and 2x 40/100GbE ports.
- The maximum number of licenses per switch is up to four licenses.
Note: When adding the 4th license, only 8x 10/25GbE ports are activated and not an additional 2x 40/100GbE ports since the maximum number of 40/100GbE ports is 8.
|NetApp Part Number||Description|
|SW-BES-53248A1-G1-8P-LIC||BES 8 Port License Key, X190005/R|